Key projects on the capitol grounds and Richmond streets will include:
- Porous brick pavers will replace terraced steps leading down from the Washington equestrian statue.
- Rain gardens will be installed in front of the Bell Tower, the Darden Garden parking area, and on 9th and 10th streets.
- A system will be developed to collect stormwater runoff and redirect the water into the irrigation system on Capitol grounds.
- Porous pavers will be installed in the alleys of 5th and 12th streets.
- A new sidewalk with porous pavers will be installed that will run by the front of the Edgar Allen Poe statue and adhere to the Capitol Square Landscape Master Plan. The entire project should be complete by spring of 2011. Click here to read MORE