There are only 5 days left to enter the Green Gardeners Make a Difference Photo Contest and the odds of winning a prize are fantastic!
Currently, there are only SEVEN entries in the contest!! Which means one of those entries will walk away with the top prize of $700 worth of garden goodies! Second place prizewinner will receive $400 worth of garden goodies. And keep in mind that the winner can choose to receive a garden center gift certificate instead of the great prizes that we have chosen!
The rules are simple. Take a photo of your home landscape depicting any of the following eco-friendly gardening practices. If you aren’t sure whether your yard will qualify, I’ve provided links to some blog posts that better explain some of these principles.
- Eco-friendly plant choices (ie: Right plant/right place, waterwise plants, native plant species) - choosing suitable plants means that your landscape will require less water and less chemicals to maintain
- Water conservation techniques – ( Rain gardens, rain barrels, mulch to retain water, drip irrigation, etc.)
- Reduction of stormwater runoff – (rain gardens, rain barrels, downspout redirection, permeable surfaces)
- Elimination of chemicals – (hand weeding, beneficial insects, compost)
- Creation of wildlife habitat – (such as butterfly garden, berry laden plants, etc.)
- Reduction or replacement of lawn areas
Write a short description explaining which of the six eco-friendly practices your photo represents.
All photos that meet these rules will be moved into the next round where they can be voted on by friends and family.
For more information, visit the contest website: http://promoshq.wildfireapp.com/website/6/contests/211893